Why Buy This Product?
A highlight feature of this cutter is its wireless connectivity. Users no longer have to rely on cables and wires to transfer files to the machine. All you need is to connect to it via Bluetooth and you’re just about ready to go!
This cutting machine stands out from the crowd thanks to its enhanced capabilities to help users create custom designs. Although its features and overall performance are impressive, it’s not as powerful as some of its more expensive competitors. On the other hand, it does have a friendlier interface which makes it a suitable choice for beginners.
User-friendliness is the name of the game when using the CAMEO 3. Beginners in the arts and crafts industry may not even want to look further than this machine. It’s a device worth your time and you can experiment with its full-color LCD touchscreen interface. All the features are on said screen to make navigating easy through the different designs. It even has the power to let users adjust color schemes and change language settings.
Activate the two-tool setting and the two tolls will be in the position – simultaneously. Hence, users no longer have to waste any time in stopping the machine just to switch from one cutting tool to another. If you’re doing material cutting as part of a business, then you already know that time will always be of the essence. This die-cutting machine presents itself as a great machine for letting business users enhance productivity.
Aside from the two-tool feature, the CAMEO 3 also features stippling. It allows users to apply stipple without having to go through multiple convoluted instructions to get to that setting. Just head to the Stipple Window found at the upper right of the LCD touchscreen, click on Stipple Fill, and you’ll find yourself choosing a broad range of stippling options. Choose from different designs like scallop, wave to chevron, strip, metal plate, and zigzag.
As for its overall performance, the Silhouette CAMEO 3 is a versatile machine but not as “multitalented” as other similar devices with more expensive price tags. Even though it can slice and cut a broad range of materials (and with ease), it cannot emboss, engrave, or pierce. Also, it lacks the power to cut through anything that’s tough to deal with including balsa wood and leather.
Ultimately, the idea behind using this cutting tool is great for beginners to intermediate users. Expert users or individuals who require a heavy-duty machine may need to look somewhere else. Still, if you’re looking for a very user-friendly cutting machine with many bells and whistles to significantly speed up the process of many arts and crafts projects, then you may no longer want to look further than the CAMEO 3.
• Cricut Explore Air 2 vs. Silhouette Cameo 3 – Which Cutting Machine Is The Best?
• Cricut Maker vs. Silhouette Cameo 3 – Which One is the Best Cutter in 2019?
• Silhouette Cameo 4 vs Cameo 3 – Which Is Truly Best?
• Silhouette Cameo 4 VS Cricut Air 2 – Which Will Help You Cut Through Your Projects Best?
Specs & Features
- Dimensions: 22.5 in x 6 in x 8.5 in
- Weight: 8 pounds 15 ounces
- Maximum cutting width: 12 inches
- Maximum cutting thickness: 2mm
- Can cut 100+ materials (including paper, cardstock, vinyl, fabric, felt, foam, and leather): Yes
- Silhouette Connect™ compatible: Yes
- Silhouette Studio® compatible: Yes
- Print & Cut: Yes
- PixScan™ compatible: Yes
- Built-in optic scanner: Yes
- Matless cutting: Yes
- Roll feeder compatibility: Yes
- Access to Silhouette Design Store: Yes
- Storage compartment: Yes
- USB port: Yes
- Built-in crosscutter: Yes
- The package includes additional accessories like free USB and power cables
- 250 grams of cutting power
- Compatibility with other CAMEO models
- Sleek and modern design
- LCD touchscreen interface
Pros & Cons
- Ability to make professional cuts
- Onboard tool storage comes loaded from the start
- Silhouette Studio software is great for easy cutting, editing, and printing
- Very user-friendly thanks to the LCD touchscreen
- Opens up a broad range of design possibilities for different arts and crafts projects
- Not as powerful and versatile as compared to more expensive competitors
- It cannot emboss, engrave, or pierce