Last Updated on March 20, 2023 by Jordi Hilpert
Why Buy the Spellbinders Platinum 6?
For some, crafting is what makes them get out of bed each day. In the world of online shops, people can buy crafts from all over the world. A lot of it is crafts made by artisans who push the limits. The Spellbinders Platinum 6 promises to be a machine that will make paper crafting, and more, easier for you to enjoy, which could free you up to opening your own business.
This machine is versatile, easy to use, and allows you to express your creativity whether you are card making or working in your scrapbook. We hope that it is a machine that you feel is worth talking about as much as we do.
With the Spellbinders Platinum 6, you can take your creativity to a whole new level of awesome. It has an impressive ability to cut over 40 different material types. This will allow you to make quick work of virtually any project.
It promises to come with everything you need to get started and enables you to cut through up to eight layers of the same material types in only one pass. This makes it ideal for creating crafts so that you can create beautiful cards, impressive invitations, DIY projects of all kinds, and so much more.
Our Spellbinders Platinum 6 Review
This machine is for people who want to put more into their crafts. It is a manually powered cutting machine. Some say that it increases the accuracy of your cuts because you are always in control of it. The Spellbinder has a manual, ergonomic handle that will operate smoothly.
It is a solid steel machine, so it is slightly heavier than some other machines. However, this does not seem to lessen its portability since it has an overall small footprint. The steel gives it extra cutting strength and the ability to last you a long time without issues.
The Platinum 6 uses Steel Rule Dies. This means that it can easily cut rubber, cardboard, foam, and paper with ease. It is easily centered and works well on more exotic materials. We like knowing that it can cut through eight layers at a time, which will cut down on the more repetitive tasks and crafts you are working through.
You can use other dies with it, as long as they are standard, wafer-thin, or etched dies. Embossing plates, texture plates, and contour steel rule dies are also usable.
This machine folds up and stores away easily. You can also move it to your storage space using the built-in handle. When in use, it has an 8.5-inch cutting platform, which will further increase the number of projects you can create when using it.
It is designed for stability. It will not wobble around when you are trying to work on your next project.
How to Use the Platinum and Platinum 6 Die Cut Machine – Spellbinders
The Spellbinders Platinum 6 is covered by a full 1-year warranty to ensure that you are satisfied with how it performs. This is good news for many people.
It promises to be easy to use. You only need to insert the platform, the clear-cutting plate, your material, the die, and a second clear-cutting plate. Turn the handle and it will come out the other side, finished.
When you open the box, you will find the machine, a pair of cutting plates, embossing plates and mat, a standard platform, the handle, and full instructions on how to use it all.
Specs and Features
- Size: 12.63 x 9.5 x 7.5-inches
- Weight: 12.5-Pounds
- Material Size: Up to 8 1/2″ x 11″
Cuts: Up to 40 Material Types Including Foam, Balsa Wood, Metal, Fabric, Paper, Cardstock, Chipboard, Foiled Papers, and more.
Works with Several Die Types
- Simple to Use. This machine is very user-friendly since you only have to put the dies on your paper and turn the handle.
- Portable: Although heavier than some, the Platinum 6 promises portability because of its small size.
- Cuts 40+ Material Types: We do like that with this machine you can cut virtually any material that you want to cut or emboss.
- Well-Built: With the way this steel machine designed, you will find it virtually impossible to break.
- Cuts in Layers: We like that it can cut multiple layers of a material with one pass through it.
- Warranty: It does come with a one-year warranty, which will protect you from possible defects.
- Easy to Store: Unlike some cutting machines, this one folds up much smaller than its size so that you can tuck it away with ease.
- Manual Powered: You do not need to worry about your power supply with this manual cutting machine.
- At 12.5 pounds it is heavier than some machines.
- Limited to an 8.5-inch cutting area.
- Plates can get jammed.
- Manual machines can be tiresome if used constantly.
- Limited by the dies that you have available.
Overall, we do feel that if you are looking for a simple, portable crafting/cutting machine, the Spellbinders Platinum 6 could be a good option for you. It has a lot of features that can appreciate by anyone who loves using dies to cut with. We like that this machine does not require you to learn confusing computer programs. For us, its beauty is in its simplicity for a lot of people. It works with a lot of different material types. We like that it is such a versatile machine and that it does not require power to operate.