Perhaps, you have heard many good things about 3D printers and how they can help in your everyday tasks. There are several wonderful machines that can make your dreams and imaginations come true.
Checking the quality and durability of the 3D printer is very important. This is how you can get the best value for your money.
- Buying Guide
- 1. FlashForge Finder 3D Printers
- 2. QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3D Printer
- 3. Dremel Digilab 3D45 Award Winning 3D Printer
- 4. MakerBot Replicator Mini + 3D Printer
- 5. ANYCUBIC Upgraded Full Metal I3 Mega 3D Printer
- 6. FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro
- 7. LulzBot Mini 2 Desktop 3D Printer
- 8. Dremel Digilab 3D20 3D Printer
- 9. Robo R2 Smart Assembled 3D Printer
- 10. Monoprice Mini Delta 3D Printer
Buying a 3D printer for the first time can be difficult. But the job becomes easy when you know what you need to consider. To get the 3D printer that is right for your needs and budget, you should consider the following:
• The print bed’s size
• Calibration or auto-level
• Costs and the kinds of filaments
• Air filters and enclosure
1. FlashForge Finder 3D Printers
The FlashForge Finder 3D printer is one of the most popular 3D printers in the market. Inside the package, there is a printer, a spool of PLA filament, a user’s guide, USB stick, USB cable, power cable, screwdriver, and Allen wrenches.
The printer’s body is square-shaped with round edges and corners. While fabricated from brightly colored plastic, this open-framed printer looks very sturdy. Moreover, the print bed also works as a removable sliding tray.
Conclusion: FlashForge Finder is a well-built 3D printer. Its friendly user interface will surely amaze every user. The machine itself will stay up to your expectations.
• Easy to use
• Great design
• Friendlier to beginners than other models
• More expensive than other models
2. QIDI TECHNOLOGY 3D Printer
QIDI 3D printer comes with a metallic frame which makes it a little heavier. The whole device weighs 21 kgs. When it comes to dimensions, this machine measures 18.3 by 12.6 by 14.76 inches. It has a printer bed that can create small to large images measuring 9 by 5.9 by 5.9 inches with a print volume of 5 liters.
The plate of this 3D printer is a high-class aluminum that prevents warping once the temperature increases up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. The circuity is now better than before, it prevent static as you print.
The product comes with good packaging and the printer itself is almost fully assembled. Aside from the 3D printer, you will find these materials in the box:
• ABS filament
• PLA filament
• Spool holders
• Painter’s tape
• USB cable
• Power cable
• 4GB SD card
• Filament tubing
• A toolbox containing tools and fasteners
• Wiring yoke holder
• User’s manual
Assembling the parts is easy and quick because of the easy to follow directions indicted on your SD card. Some customers used the video tutorials on YouTube in assembling this 3D printer.
Conclusion: This product has nice features that can suit every user’s needs. The quality and durability are great. The product comes as a complete package.
• Compatible with ABS and PLA filaments
• The product is a dual extender
• Good aftersales services
• With a limited 3-month warranty
• The SD card slot is hard to find
3. Dremel Digilab 3D45 Award Winning 3D Printer
Dremel Digilab 3D45 is an award-winning 3D printer with incredible designs. The 3D printer is sturdy and surprisingly easy to use. This product is indeed a nice option for customers who need reliability and safety in workshop or classroom.
Conclusion: Dremel DigiLab 3D45 can be a highly limited or excellent 3D printer. It is a terrific machine which promotes reliability and safety.
• Easy to assemble and use
• Outstanding print quality when you use proprietary materials
• Intended to improve reliability and safety
• Complete 3D printing ecosystem created for education
• The print quality is not that good when you use a 3rd part filament.
• The machine struggles when you use more advanced material like nylon.
• The closed system guarantees reliability and safety but limits creativity.
4. MakerBot Replicator Mini + 3D Printer
This new MakerBot Replicator Mini Plus 3D printer is the updated edition of the original MakerBot Replicator Mini. The Mini Plus comes with good enhancements that everybody appreciate.
This awesome 3D printer provides fast and easy one-touch printing. The machine is pre-assembled out of the bod, it is also easy and quick to set up, which is great for people who hate the inconvenience of assembling. It will let you print your 1st project quickly.
Conclusion: It is ideal for architects, designers, and 3D printing students. It’s an excellent choice for 3D printing enthusiasts and professionals. Schools these days use it in teaching 3D designing and printing.
• Nice design
• Easy to use
• Quality Prints
• Can be more expensive than other brands
• Struggles to use filaments from other brands
5. ANYCUBIC Upgraded Full Metal I3 Mega 3D Printer
This product comes pre-assembled. Thus, building and calibrating the machine may be necessary before you can start using it. This item has a touchscreen rather than the usual click wheel-and-screen combination. Thus, the product is easier and more comfortable to use.
This 3D printer is highly responsive. Its produced images are clear and readable, even when you stand at a distance. When a power failure occurs, you can use the machine’s auto-resume feature which will help you finish the print after turning the device on.
Conclusion: It is a one-of-a-kind feature that you will find only from a few 3D printers out there. This feature is very useful, especially when the powerline in your area is unstable. The machine’s dedicated sensor can detect filament outage and stop the print, which is a superb ability that you can expect only from a pricier 3D printer.
• Provides surprising 3D printing quality
• Works decently with different materials
• Can work even under an unstable power supply
• With an automatic filament sensor
• Loose cables
• The spool of filament included in the package is bad
• The machine tends to be noisy while working.
6. FlashForge 3D Printer Creator Pro
Though FlashForge 3D Creator Pro comes as pre-assembled, the machine is easy to use. Like other printers in the market, this one needs manual print bed leveling because it doesn’t have an automatic print bed level. Make sure the bed level is correct for best quality prints. It supports printing from the SD card and from a PC using USB.
Also, this product doesn’t have Wi-Fi capabilities out of the box, but you can still add one and set it as an add-on. This pre-assembled 3D printer will still require you to connect the printer head, filament tubes, and the spool holders. These parts are easy to assemble.
Likewise, the loading and unloading of filament are simple to understand if you find the filament segment under Utilities. This 3D printer is easy to use, but the bed leveling can become a culprit of certain problems for beginners.
Conclusion: This product is easy to use, but beginners may encounter issues in using it. On the bright side, this 3D printer is an excellent choice for experts.
• The printer is mostly pre-assembled
• Good print quality
• Spare parts are widely available
• This 3D printer produces noise while working.
• Upgrades and adjustments are necessary.
• The quality is not 100% sure since it has cheap parts.
7. LulzBot Mini 2 Desktop 3D Printer
LulzBot Mini 2 looks like the original Mini with more emphasis on printing over aesthetics. This product is not ugly. The machine’s 3D-printed parts and anodized aluminum frame make it look clean and functional.
Aside from that, there are more things that make Mini 2 look like Mini. Most upgrades are inside, such as the new printhead, faster and more efficient motors, a modular print bed, and a bigger print bed.
The machine’s new printhead uses a redesigned feeding system and E3D Titan Aero jet. It means the Mini 2 can manage flexible materials such as Ninjaflex.
Older models of 3D printers need a better printhead to function since they have a different way of feeding the materials in the nozzle that will heat and melt the filament. The Mini 2’s printhead can feed in squishy filaments like this without a problem.
Conclusion: LulzBot Mini 2 is a great successor to Mini. It is a fast and flexible printer which can create high-quality prints in the standard PLA and ABS filaments. It works with a broad range of materials compared to other printers.
• Works fast
• The image quality is excellent.
• The machine can support more materials.
• The printer doesn’t produce any sound while working.
• This product is more expensive than other units.
8. Dremel Digilab 3D20 3D Printer
This product is fully assembled and comes with all the things you need, allowing you to use the machine right away. It guarantees quality prints since it can support up to a hundred-micron resolution.
Its intuitive touchscreen will let you access print documents, start, halt, or stop prints. 3D20 is 100% manageable. It comes with a one-year warranty and customer support. Most commercial printers use FDM filaments, but this one prefers PLA filament.
Conclusion: This product is a desktop printer that can produce large designs. Its features have made it suitable for novice users and schools.
• With continuous customer support
• With a detailed and helpful user guide
• No upgrades
• Doesn’t work fine with all brands of PLA filaments
9. Robo R2 Smart Assembled 3D Printer
The Robo R2 Smart 3D Printer allows you to handle large-scale projects and tasks. The machine will help you tackle whatever it is. By using the Robo app, you can use this 3D printer with your smartphone.
The built-in colored LCD touchscreen allows you to launch your projects with ease and adjust the printer’s controls for best printing results. You can connect the machine to your Wi-Fi connection. If there’s no Wi-Fi, you can use your mobile phone as a personal hotspot.
The machine can work on its own. It can automatically pause printing and notify you if filament refilling is necessary. Therefore, this 3D printer saves you money and time. It is also a great investment as it comes with an Autodesk Fusion 360 software license valid for one year.
Conclusion: This 3D printer has the features that a good printing machine can provide. You can use it right away, which is a nice thing if you currently have a big project.
• Quality Prints
• Interesting features
• With a free one-year software license
• May fail to work well with filaments from other brands
10. Monoprice Mini Delta 3D Printer
This 3D printer uses its print head at the end of 3 motorized arms. Each of these arms connects to the drive belt twisted by the motor. There are 3 motors on the bottom of the machine that each drive belt, causing the arms to move up and down. This movement will then move the print head and lay down the material on the printer’s circular print bed.
This item is an ordinary printer. Unpack it, take those packing tapes and foams, and plug the device. Use the LCD screen and the controls for loading the filament.
Conclusion: Anyone who is on a tight budget will find this product a good choice when it comes to best 3D printers. It provides good quality images at a reasonable price.
• Good design
• Simple controls
• Good print quality
• Unstable USB connection
• Software configuration is a must
• Unstable print mode