Laser cutters and engravers are highly functional machines that produce beautiful crafted items. They are so versatile that they can be used on anything to improve its aesthetic appeal. They also can decorate your place into the new level. You can even use them for the purpose of improving your enterprise.
Orion Motor Tech Laser Engraving Machine – Image from Amazon
- Buying Guide
- 1. Orion Motor Tech 40W CO2 Laser Engraving Machine
- 2. TEN-HIGH 4040
- 3. TEN-HIGH 3020
- 4. TopDirect 3000mW Laser Engraving Machine
- 5. SUNCOO 40W CO2 Laser Engraving Machine
- 6. TEN-HIGH Small-Size 430 Laser Engraver
- 7. TEN-HIGH Upgraded Version 50W CO2 400x600mm
- 8. Meterk Portable Laser Engraver Printer
- 9. SUNWIN 40X50CM USB Desktop Laser Engraving Machine
The machine is great to own if you want to start a business related to that or if you just simply enjoy creating artistic masterpieces. In that sense, knowing what kind of laser cutter and engraver to buy depends on certain factors such as size, purpose, and power. The best kind of laser cutters and engravers can penetrate metal if you prefer heavy-duty machines. However, if you simply need one for decorative purposes, a small and affordable engraver is enough. Here are our top 9 laser cutters and engravers in the market:
1. Orion Motor Tech 40W CO2 Laser Engraving Machine
Orion Motor Tech CO2 area is 12″ x 8″ or 300mm x 200mm. It is capable to carve or cut through most materials such as leather, crystal, wood, paper, plastic, cloth, and even glass. However, It will not work on any metals.
It is compatible with Window 10, 8, 7(32-bit, 64-bit), XP, or 2000, yet it doesn’t compatible with any iOS systems. Orion Motor Tech CO2 works well with most designing programs that were specifically designed for engraving and cutting.
Conclusion: The Orion Motor Tech 40W is a capable machine that is high quality enough to work through most engraving tasks. In that sense, it is best used for mid-level designs and materials. The best part is that it also comes with a ventilation Fan.
• It is a versatile machine that is compatible with a lot of software and operating systems.
• The ventilation fan lessens the dangers and hazards that smoke and heat can cause.
• It doesn’t have the biggest surface as it measures only about 12″ x 8″.
• Isn’t compatible with iOS or Mac devices.
• Can’t cut through hard surfaces such as metal. It can work on glass, however.
2. TEN-HIGH 4040
TEN-HIGH 40-40 isn’t only aesthetically pleasing with its beautiful design but it is also a highly-functional machine that is able to engrave on almost any type of material with advanced precision. And the good part is that it is easy to use.
One of its main features is that the laser’s size can be adjusted depending on the design or pattern. This means that you will be able to get your ideal design or pattern no matter how large or small the details or the texts are. It is even as accurate as .01mm.
Conclusion: When it comes to precision and accuracy, not a lot of laser cutters and engravers can match this one. It is certainly a top choice if you value those factors above any other.
• Top-of-the-line precision.
• Made out of high-end materials that make the machine feel premium and durable.
• Cost-effective in the sense that it is efficient when it comes to time and power consumption.
• Not as big as the other engravers
• Not the strongest laser as it can barely work on aluminum and other materials that are similarly strong.
3. TEN-HIGH 3020
Another great machine by Ten-high, the 3020 works on most non-metal materials and surfaces such as bamboo, wood, plastic, paper, cloth, and also leather. The beam diameter can be less than .5mm or even .01mm depending on the design you are using. And because this is a non-contact laser cutter and engraver, it makes sure that your material’s surface won’t get damaged.
The 3020 also has a smoother yet more powerful cutting system that makes the entire engraving process clean, stable, and precise. And because this laser cutter is made with premium materials, it can last to up to 10 years even when used regularly.
Conclusion: This is a high-precision laser cutter and engraver that does its job really well for a cost that isn’t even as much as the other competitors.
• Works well with precision and can perform on par with the more advanced models.
• Engraves without making contact to minimize the risk of damage.
• At 12″ x 8″, the engraving area is rather small compared to the other models.
• Not strong enough to handle harder materials.
4. TopDirect 3000mW Laser Engraving Machine
This is a low-end and low-budget laser engraving machine that can smaller tasks at a price that’s much more affordable than most of its other competitors. In that sense, it is better suited when engraving or cutting small items. On top of that, it is a lightweight model that can easily be carried around.
While this might be a low-end model, it can still work well when engraving or cutting through surfaces such as plastic, wood, rubber, leather, bamboo, and paper. That said, it is best used for household use and for making decorations rather than for heavy-duty tasks.
Conclusion: If you are looking for laser cutters or engravers that serves the purpose of doing easier and smaller tasks, this is one of the best machines you can consider on the market. It is best for personal uses such as making greeting cards or improving decorations.
• It is light enough model that can be brought and carried around anywhere.
• Great for DIY tasks.
• Too small for large tasks and materials.
• Cannot cut through harder materials and surfaces such as metal or glass.
• Does not work for all types of computer software.
5. SUNCOO 40W CO2 Laser Engraving Machine
First of all, this laser engraver by SUNCOO is so versatile that it can work on almost any material or surface. This includes plastic, leather, wood, rubber, acrylic, or plywood. It is also a high-precision machine because of the advanced laser beam cutting technology it uses.
Furthermore, if you are worried about smoke, then SUNCOO C02 laser has you covered. It has a good ventilation system that extracts all of the smoke produced so that you won’t have to worry about triggering the smoke alarm. It also decreases the machine’s temperature to lengthen its own lifespan.
Additionally, this engraver works well with most printers and scanners that allow you to use it in conjunction with your computer.
Conclusion: It is one of the best on the market in terms of overall versatility and functionality.
• Easy to use.
• No worrying about the smoke.
• Compatible with Windows components such as printers and scanners.
• Software is a little hard to understand.
• Looks a little crude.
6. TEN-HIGH Small-Size 430 Laser Engraver
With an engraving area that is approximately 15″ x 12″, the TEN-HIGH 430 is quite a functional machine with a large enough surface that can be used for a lot of materials. In fact, it can carve or cut through materials such as leather, plywood, cloth, paper, wood, glass, and bamboo.
Safety is also one of the main features of this laser cutter and engraver. Not only does it have an effective ventilation fan that exhausts smoke but it also has a safety water valve that prevents excess heat and burning as the laser works to engrave through the material. And when you open the cover, the laser also automatically stops emitting to make sure that everything stays safe as much as possible.
Conclusion: A highly functional engraving machine that focuses on safety, the TEN-HIGH 430 is one of the best machines you can have if you want to minimize the risk of burning through your engraving tasks.
• The engraving area isn’t too large but it’s big enough for a lot of tasks.
• Can cut through a lot of materials except metal.
• Great exhaust and anti-burning system make it one of the safest engraving machines on the market.
• Not strong enough to cut through harder surfaces such as metal.
• Difficult to clean and remove the machine components.
7. TEN-HIGH Upgraded Version 50W CO2 400x600mm
This machine carries an industrial-level laser head that can cut through almost any kind of surface material. In that sense, it is a pretty versatile laser cutter or engraver that is best used for industrial purposes. To that end, it is easy to use, does not take up a lot of time, and is as quiet as any laser cutters can be.
Heat also isn’t a big issue when it comes to this machine. This is because it has a temperature control display that allows you to monitor how hot the machine has become. The best part about that is that it has a cooling system that minimizes the risk of overheating this machine.
Conclusion: It is best used for large-scale laser cutting and engraving tasks. In that sense, it is a machine that is great for businesses.
• Surface space, at 15″ x 24″, is large enough for big tasks.
• Water cooling system minimizes the risk of overheating and damaging the machine.
• The instructions aren’t clear and easy enough to understand.
• Might be too large and expensive for smaller tasks.
8. Meterk Portable Laser Engraver Printer
Meterk Portable Laser Engraver Printer, as the name suggests, is a low-end portable machine that serves the purpose of doing easier and lighter tasks. To that end, it is a basic machine that can do small engraving jobs that befit its affordable price tag.
Another feature this machine has is its wireless capabilities. You can simply connect it to your device via Bluetooth so that you can do your engraving tasks without the data line limiting you. It also comes with an exhaust fan that fumes out all of the smoke. And, finally, it has a built-in rechargeable battery that adds convenience to this lightweight machine.
Conclusion: It is a basic machine that is small, light, and easy to use. It is best used for simple tasks and for smaller materials.
• Light and easy to carry.
• Can be connected to your device via Bluetooth.
• The rechargeable battery lasts for quite a long time.
• The engraving surface is too small for higher-end and larger tasks.
• Not too strong to cut through metal.
9. SUNWIN 40X50CM USB Desktop Laser Engraving Machine
This machine by Sunwin is a low-end and affordable laser engraver that is best used for smaller tasks. That said, it isn’t ideal for commercial tasks and is best used for handmade works and homemade decorative items as it can only cut through wood, paper, bamboo, plastic, and leather.
This material is made from high-quality durable materials that help make it last longer than most affordable laser cutters and engravers.
Conclusion: It is a great laser engraving machine that can do low-level and small tasks better than most other affordable types.
• Versatile enough to cut through a lot of materials and surfaces.
• Durable and can last for quite a long time despite being cheap and affordable.
While choosing a great laser cutter and engraver depends on a lot of factors, the one thing you need to consider the most is for what purpose are you going to be using it for. In that sense, it will be easier for you to weed out the one that you probably won’t be needing or the ones that are too expensive for your use. It all depends on that factor. From then on, choosing the best laser cutter and engraver based on specs and on price will be a breeze.